Take a store-bought bag of shredded broccoli, a beautiful piece of tile fish, and tangy yogurt, and you have this refreshing and satisfying meal you can make in 30 minutes or less.
Pan Seared Tile Fish with Roasted Broccoli Slaw
Yield: Serves 2
1, 9 ounce bag broccoli slaw
2 scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts kept separately
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup plain full-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce
1 lime, juiced
2, 6 to 8 ounce tile fish filets
1/4 cup AP flour
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss the broccoli slaw with the scallion whites, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer, then roast until tender and browned in spots, tossing halfway through, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the yogurt, chipotle in adobo sauce, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water until smooth and combine. Set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the AP flour onto a large plate and season the fish with a pinch of salt. Dip the skin-side of each filet in the flour, shaking off any excess, then place immediately skin-side down in the hot oil. Cook until the skin is browned and crisp, and the edges of the flesh begin to turn opaque, about 5 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets over with a fish spatula and continue to cook until just cooked through, about 1 minute more.
5. Spoon the yogurt sauce onto the bottom of two plates, top evenly with the roasted broccoli slaw and pan seared tile fish fillets. Finish with a sprinkle of scallion greens.