Bittersweet chocolate and shredded coconut comes together in these delicious Coconut Chocolate Chunk cookies. Make sure to chill the dough, as this will give you the ideal soft cookie every time. Serve with an extra pinch of sea salt on top of each cookie for the perfect sweet and salty bite.
Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: about 28 cookies
12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup (8 ounces) bitter sweet chocolate chunks
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1) Melt the butter in the microwave or over the stop top and pour into a large bowl. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth and combined.
2) In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chunks and shredded coconut until just combined.
3) Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough on two parchment paper lined baking sheets and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
4) While the dough is chilling, preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
5) Bake the cookies until the tops are set and the edges just begin to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and enjoy. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.